Introduction to the Mother and Baby Substance Exposure Toolkit
Webinar, Mar 13, 2020 12:00 PM in Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Objectives: At the completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand best practice for universal verbal screening versus toxicology testing.
- Identify the types of Medication Assisted Treatment and understand why it is the standard of care for OUD in pregnancy.
- Describe best practices for nonpharmacologic treatment for newborns with NAS.
- Understand the importance of preserving the mother/baby dyad for women with OUD and supporting practices.
- Identify how hospitals can support the safe discharge of mothers with OUD and their newborns.
**A live demonstration of the toolkit features will also be presented.**
CEUs will be offered for this webinar. Real-time attendance is required for the entire webinar to receive CEUs. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider #3104 for one (1) contact hour.