Get Ready Get Set Go!!
It’s officially time to get to work. The expert team has determined the needed baseline data for our work on NAS. There are 3 separate parts of baseline data that is required to move forward in the NAS initiative. We will be collecting:
- Unit Level Data
- Administration Level Data
- Patient Level Data.
Click here to view/download the baseline data collection form
Click here to download the Data Dictionary
Unit Level Data: Every team should have completed the Unit Snap Shot that details current practices related to NAS. If you have not already done so please click here and complete as soon as possible.
Administration Level Data: There are 3 pieces of administrative data that need to be collected. Please collect the following data for the time period August 2012-August 2013. Please email this data to Tammy Haithcox
- Total number of admissions or hospital births: Provides us with denominator data
- Total number of infants with ICD-9 code: 779.5. This code is for NAS that includes antenatal exposure to opiates with subsequent withdrawal syndrome requiring pharmacologic treatment. Numerator data for percentage of opiate-exposed infants care for within you facility
- Total number of infants with ICD-9 code: 760.72. This code is for opiate-exposure without the criteria of postnatal treatment for NAS. Numerator data for percentage of infants who are exposed to opiates cared for within your facility.
Patient Level Data: This data will be entered into Delphi, the database for all initiatives. (Data Collectors: Please click here for instructions of how to obtain access to Delphi to submit data.)
- Each facility will complete the PQCNC NAS Data Collection Sheet on the last 10 patients they have scored for NAS. We may not be able to get all of the questions answered retrospectively but will ask that you complete as much as possible.
- Please indicate for these ten patients whether parents were in a drug treatment program or if they were referred to one during their hospital stay.
Outstanding Prerequisites: If your team has not completed the following please do so before Jan 7th.